Author Topic: 21 Inc. Releases First "Bitcoin Computer"  (Read 3963 times)

Travis Patron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Diginomics
  • Bitcoin Address: 18dDdaNSRXVgqkwPtKvFRf5Wcit42K1BbL
21 Inc. Releases First "Bitcoin Computer"
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
On the 21st day of the month, 21 Inc. released their first prototype "bitcoin computer" for preorder. Today I wanted to share some insights into why this may be the most important development in the bitcoin industry since the collapse of Mt. Gox in January, 2014.

Much like the original revealing of 21's business model, the announcement of the bitcoin computer is being met with much scorn and derision. Its not surprising to see such a widespread failure to recognize the ingenuity 21 Inc. is about to flood the bitcoin industry with.

How is this so? Think of the bitcoin generated by this embedded mining solution as a system resource much like storage or CPU. The bitcoin computer is not meant to compete directly with large mining pools in the bitcoin network, but provide a constant stream of bitcoin as a system resource for accepting worldwide payment for digital goods and services.

This is a small step for bitcoin mining, but a giant leap for the internet of things.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:53:51 PM by Travis Patron »

eBlob

• View Profile
Re: 21 Inc. Releases First "Bitcoin Computer"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »
This is indeed BIG news. I especially like how you focused on the internet of things applications that will come from this device instead of looking at it as a competitor for bitcoin mining operations.

At first many were skeptical about Andreesson Horowitz decision to invest in 21 Inc. I think now we're are beginning to see what their gameplan is and how much potential it actually has.

Derek Teeso

• View Profile
Re: 21 Inc. Releases First "Bitcoin Computer"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
Still not quite sure what the killer application is going to be, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Waltersr

• View Profile
21 Inc Releases First "Bitcoin Computer"
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »
There is nothing happen with your computer after joining bitcoin forums. It is the same when you join another forums.

Georgelofe

• View Profile
    • подарки для мужчин
21 Inc Releases First "Bitcoin Comp
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 05:32:21 AM »
Because of the abovepotential, I think if Bitcoin becomes a threat, it will be hit hard, outlawed and demonised. There is going to be quite a conflict.