Author Topic: Estonia Offers Citizenship as a Service  (Read 1096 times)

Travis Patron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Diginomics
  • Bitcoin Address: 18dDdaNSRXVgqkwPtKvFRf5Wcit42K1BbL
Estonia Offers Citizenship as a Service
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
Estonia has begun offering citizenship as a service with their new 'e-Residency' program, essentially allowing individuals to become sovereign. The initiative boasts 0% corporate income tax, no intermediaries, and open source platforms for becoming a digital person.

It remains to be seen how this willunfold in relation to existing EU law and the health of the economy, but is almost certainly a relevant and interesting development. One can see how this type of digitization of soverignity will only continue. Citizenship will become something which can be shopped around for in the new digital age.

Check out the site at www.e-estonia.com/e-residents.

eBlob

• View Profile
Re: Estonia Offers Citizenship as a Service
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »
Someone needs to offer such a thing on a blockchain network!

We don't need to end the Fed. We can transcend the Fed. Access everywhere, integral security, open source systems for citizenship as a commodity.

Li

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Very interesting developments with 'e-citizenry'. I'm only surprised that Estonia was the first to offer such a program.

Does any other country offer this type of e-citizenry?

alexbafana

• View Profile
    • Alex Norta, PhD.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:03:57 AM »
Other countries have also introduced similar programs and here is a comparison with the Austrian system: http://www.ttu.ee/faculty-of-social-sciences/ragnar-nurkse-school-of-innovation-and-governance/red-box-7/prof-krimmer-estonian-e-residency-and-10-million-e-estonians/
Also The Netherlands has such a card, as I recall. But I can't even find info about it at the moment. The reason why I think the Estonian card could take off and be a big deal is because the Estonian hyper-free market environment is superior to those little Soviet republics such as Austria and The Netherlands. For example, I was some 2 weeks ago on holidays in Austria and spoke to my cousin who just finished his studies. He told me about his plans to start a company with a friend, but the capital for register a limited company in Austria is 38 000 Euros. So they had to scrap the idea as it is prohibitively expensive (deliberately so that the oligarchs of Austria must not worry about fresh domestic competition). I recommended the e-residency program to him and also told him that with the card, you can register a company for free via the internet in about 15 minutes!! Since Estonia is part of the EU, you can immediately get busy with this new company and only once you have cash flowing in from business activity, you can deliver the registration deposit of 2500 Euros, which is peanuts compared to the prohibitive amount that Soviet Austria charges. :D :D :D