Author Topic: Why I Believe In Ethereum  (Read 1204 times)

Travis Patron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Diginomics
  • Bitcoin Address: 18dDdaNSRXVgqkwPtKvFRf5Wcit42K1BbL
Why I Believe In Ethereum
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »
On August 5th, 2014 I invested 1 bitcoin into the nascent, highly-ambitious cryptocurrency 2.0 startup known as Ethereum.

Rewind 8 months to January, 2014, and I had just returned from my voyages in Sweden, eager to connect with the bitcoin industry in Canada. One of the subcultures of the bitcoin community at the time was focused on smart contracting implementations of bitcoin technology – cryptocurrency 2.0 as they called it.

One of the people pitching ideas in this space was Vitalik Buterin. His ideas were exciting to me, and so I jumped in my vehicle and drove for 28 hours to Toronto to meet him. This was February, 2014. I still remember those frigid February nights, the long road, and the radio as the Denver Broncos were handed a crushing defeat by the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII.

By working with the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada and alongside the early Ethereum team at Bitcoin Decentral in Toronto, I had the opportunity to learn about Ethereum first hand. When I had questions about what problems Ethereum could solve or which programming language I need to work on in order to be “ready” for Ethereum, I could go directly to Vitalik.

I wasn't exactly sure what to think, but the people working on it were some of the most forward-thinking people I had met. It started to dawn on me that the development team wasn't just aiming for a target no one else could hit, they were aiming for a target no one else could see. And so I decided to throw 1 bitcoin into the Ethereum crowdsale to see what would happen.

Fast forward 16 months, and that decision has net me $17,132 at current valuations.

The craziest part? I believe Ethereum technology today is where bitcoin was in 2010 – almost no one talking about it, raw infrastructure, lack of developers, and plenty of skeptics who don't bother to apply themselves to the learning process before sounding off.

Essentially, what Ethereum does is take bitcoin technology and add a Turing complete scripting language. Turing complete is a term which here means a system capable of performing any logical step of a computable function. An example of a technology in wide use today that employs Turing completeness is JavaScript, the programming language which powers the world wide web. Smart contract technology would describe a computer protocol which obviates the need for a contractual clause and instead is self-executing and self-enforcing.

Take the attribute of Turing completeness and add a globally decentralized, unownable, digital computer for executing peer-to-peer contracts and you have the protocol layer of Ethereum.

This is a world computer you can't shut down and you can't turn off.

“It is very possible that … one machine would suffice to solve all the problems … of the whole [world]”

– Sir Charles Darwin, 1946*

I'm confident that 2016 will be the year of the Ethereum virtual machine. So confident infact, that on February 17th I invested another 100 bitcoin.

Then I made our newest offering, the Ethereum Technology Course, open for preregistration at a 50% discount.

It has been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting different results. If you were a skeptic during the Ethereum crowdsale, don't overlook this opportunity I am presenting you today. This is a technology which could usher in the next wave of internet-enabled innovation. The people who jump on this technology without hesitation, will have a first-mover advantage echoing the 90s internet boom which gave rise to many of the tech giants we glorify today.

This is the first fully-featured Ethereum technology course on the market. I can personally guarantee you that we will not stop improving the course content until it meets the standard of excellence you've come to expect from the Diginomics brand. I myself am currently working on an application using the Ethereum platform, and therefore you can expect this course to appeal to those with similar endeavors.

I cannot say with certainty what the price of registration will be when the course is completed. This is because we are still in the preregistration process. However, I can tell you that we will be increasing the price of registration during the month of March. For this I make no apologies. If you are reading this now and the 50% preregistration is still in effect, that means you have a chance to lock your place in this course at a heavy discount.

You can either claim your spot today and realize a ROI which dwarfs the price of registration or you can watch from the sidelines as this technology eats every job function from accounting to judicial law.

Registrants will be granted lifetime access to course content as we continue to improve the materials. Registrants will also have the option of completing a final exam and earning course accreditation, where it will be uploaded onto the bitcoin blockchain.

Don't miss this window of opportunity.

More millionaires will be made with Ethereum than any other technology in human history.

Travis Patron
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:36:24 PM by Travis Patron »

Waltersr

• View Profile
Why I Believe In Ethereum
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »
I had no religious upbringing whatsoever. Because of that I wasnt taught to believe IN something so I dont believe in anything.

Lerakroxa

• View Profile
Why I Believe In Eth
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:31:23 AM »
Why dont Christians believe in Muhammad, its just not in their scriptures.

Georgelofe

• View Profile
    • подарки для мужчин
Why I Believe In Eth
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:09:42 AM »
The agnostic or atheistic reader may still ask why he should believe in a Power greater than himself.

eBlob

• View Profile
Re: Why I Believe In Eth
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »
The agnostic or atheistic reader may still ask why he should believe in a Power greater than himself.
"
For some reason this has transitioned into a religious conversation. I for one believe the self and the "I" within the whole is that greatest Power you speak of.